Class 1 Squirrels
Miss Gubbins- Class Teacher
Mrs Lister and Miss S Jerrold - Teaching Assistants
Miss Rollinson - HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant) PPA cover
More details can be found in our Class Newsletter below about which topics we are covering in each subject.
Our PE lessons take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Children should come to school wearing their PE kit on these days.
- PE shorts or plain joggers/ leggings
- PE T-shirt
- School jumper/ cardigan
- Trainers that the child can fasten independently, or they can arrive in their school shoes and change into their plimsolls/ trainers for the PE lesson
- Long hair will need to be tied up on PE days, and earrings removed
The children will bring home a guided reading book, a library book and a book closely linked to their current phonic knowledge. Your support with this is invaluable. I would suggest reading for 10 minutes, at least four times a week, which may only be a few pages of the book. Please make a note in the planner to let us know which books/pages have been read. Each Friday planners will be checked, and new books will be sent home.
The children will also bring home a sheet of phonics homework which will link to the sounds and words we have looked at that week. A new piece will be handed out every Friday along with the books.
The children will need to bring
- Wellies or a change of footwear for when the grass is wet - these can be kept in school
- Water bottle – we will send this home daily
- Snack if you wish
- Packed lunch if needed
- Coat/ hat/ gloves etc as needed for the weather
- Planner, reading books and phonics homework on a Friday
- Please don’t bring any toys, etc.
Please make sure everything is also named.
You can follow us using @sbps_class1H