Mrs B Bowes - Teacher
You can follow us using
- PE shorts or plain joggers/ leggings
- PE T-shirt
- School jumper/ cardigan
- Trainers that the child can fasten independently, or they can wear their school shoes and change into their plimsolls for the PE lesson
- Long hair will need to be tied up on PE days, and earrings removed
On Fridays, the children will bring home several reading books, to read to you at home each day. Your support with this is invaluable. I would suggest 5-10 minutes daily would be ideal, which may only be a few pages of the book. Please make a note in the planner to let us know which books/ pages have been read. The children should bring their planners and books back on Fridays. If they have finished their books at home, they will be able to change them for new ones. The children have a separate reading book and record which we use when they read with us in school.
This will be set each week, linked to work carried out in phonics/ spelling sessions. Homework will be collected in on Fridays and new homework sent home.
The children have individual logins for Numbots and Sumdog, which helps them to become fluent with counting and number facts. Year 2 children also have access to T T Rockstars to work on their times tables.
The children will need to bring
- Plimsolls- to keep at school
- Wellies-to keep at school
- Water bottle – we will send this home daily
- Snack if you wish (free fruit/ veg is provided)
- Packed lunch if needed
- Coat/ hat/ gloves etc as needed for the weather
- Fridays only–planner and reading books
Please don’t bring any toys or ‘show and tell’ items, etc.
Please make sure you name everything and we will do our best to get it all back to you!