Mrs B Bowes - Teacher
Miss V Rollinson - HLTA
Our current topic newsletter is attached below.
Our PE lessons take place on Mondays and Fridays. Children should come to school wearing their PE kit on these days.
- PE shorts or plain joggers/ leggings
- PE T-shirt
- School jumper/ cardigan
- Trainers that the child can fasten independently, or they can arrive in their school shoes and change into their plimsolls/ trainers for the PE lesson
- Long hair will need to be tied up on PE days, and earrings removed
The children will bring a reading book, to read to you at home each day. Your support with this is invaluable. I would suggest 5-10 minutes daily would be ideal, which may only be a few pages of the book. Please make a note in the planner to let us know which books/ pages have been read. The children should bring their planners and books to school each day. If they have finished their books at home, they will be able to change them for new ones.
This will be set each week, linked to work carried out in phonics/ spelling sessions. Homework will be collected in on Fridays and new homework sent home.
The children have individual logins for Numbots, Sumdog and TT Rockstars; apps which help them to become fluent with counting, number facts and times tables. Their logins can be found at the front of their planner.
The children will need to bring
- Plimsolls- to keep at school
- Wellies-to keep at school
- Water bottle – we will send this home daily
- Snack if you wish (free fruit/ veg is provided)
- 20p for toast if you wish (or £1 on a Monday for the week)
- Packed lunch if needed
- Coat/ hat/ gloves etc as needed for the weather
- Every day–planner and reading book
Please don’t bring any toys or ‘show and tell’ items, etc.
Please make sure you name everything and we will do our best to get it all back to you!
You can follow us using @sbps_class2b or look at our tweets without logging in at https://twitter.com/sbps_class2b