Class 3 Rabbits
Mr Morrison - Class Teacher
Children will come to school in their PE kit on their PE days.
- PE shorts or plain joggers/ leggings
- PE t-shirt
- School jumper/ cardigan
- Trainers that the child can fasten independently, or they can wear their school shoes and change into their plimsolls for the PE lesson
- Long hair will need to be tied up on PE days and earrings removed.
As a school, we believe that reading is fundamental to a child’s development; it provides them with the opportunity to learn new things and explore their imagination.
We continue to use Accelerated Reader and your child should have a book which falls within their ZPD (Zone of Proximal Development). This can be found at the front of their planner.
It is really important that children read a minimum of 4 times a week for 15-20 minutes and discuss texts with adults. Please ensure that planners are used to record your child’s reading every time they read so that they can be checked on a Friday. An example would be, ‘Read pages 11-15 to Dad’.
In class, we will continue to follow a spelling scheme called “No Nonsense Spelling”. This will involve specific spelling lessons each week. The children will be given spellings every Friday which will be tested on the following Friday.
Children will be set weekly sessions of 15 minutes on Times Tables Rockstars. The children also have a login for Sumdog which they can access at home. Login details can be found at the front of their planner.
The children will need to bring:
- Plimsolls - to keep at school
- Wellies - to keep at school
- Water bottle – we will send this home daily
- Snack if you wish
- Packed lunch if needed
- Coat/ hat/ gloves etc as needed for the weather
- Planner and reading books
- Please don’t bring any toys or ‘show and tell’ items, etc.
Please make sure you name everything and we will do our best to get it all back to you!
Our school is on Twitter @stamfordbps