Owl Class Y1
Mrs B Bowes - Teacher
Mrs B Maddock - Teaching Assistant (SEND support)
Mrs K Thompson-Cole - Teaching Assistant (SEND support)
Miss E Cammidge - HLTA
Here is a link to our Twitter page, or you can follow us using @sbps_owl
Our topic for Spring Term 2 is Growing.
- Our science work is based around growing plants.
- In English, we will be beginning with lots of work on Jack and the Beanstalk, and moving on to the Enormous Turnip.
- In DT, we are learning about balanced diets and will be working on our cookery skills.
- In music, we’ll be singing, playing glockenspiels and learning to read simple rhythm notation.
- In computing, we are learning how to search for images.
- In PE, we are focusing on gymnastics.
- Our RE topic is Caring For The World.
- In PSHE we are focusing on healthy lifestyles and keeping safe.
Owl Class PE days are Thursdays and Fridays.
The children will bring home a reading book to read to you at home each day. Your support with this is invaluable. I would suggest 5-10 minutes daily would be ideal, which may only be a few pages of the book. Please make a note in the planner to let us know which pages have been read. We will help the children to check their planner each day and if they have finished their book at home, they will be able to change it for a new one.
This will be set each week, linked to work carried out in phonics sessions. Homework books will be collected in on Thursdays and new homework sent on Fridays.
The children are encouraged to complete a piece of work relating to our topic each half term, including some writing. They will share this with the class. Please feel free to follow your child's interests - perhaps they would like to write a story, some information or instructions explaining how they have made something.
The children have individual logins for Numbots, which helps them to become fluent with counting and number facts.
The children have the chance each week to choose a book from our school library. This is to share and enjoy at home, to encourage a love of books and reading.
The children will need to bring
- a water bottle to keep in school - this will be sent home on Fridays
- PE kit to keep in school (white T-shirt, dark shorts and plimsolls and/ or trainers)
- wellies to keep in school
- a healthy snack if they wish (we provide free fruit/ veg each day)
- suitable clothes for playing outside (e.g. sun hat/ woolly hat and gloves)
Please make sure you name everything and we will do our best to get it all back to you!