Skip to content ↓

Stamford Bridge Primary School

Stamford Bridge Primary School Stamford Bridge Primary School



I want to know how my child is getting on in class.  Who do I speak to?

If you have a question about your child's learning, development, well being or progress you need to speak to the class teacher in the first instance.  Please email your child's class teacher (see class pages for details) or add a note in your child's planner if you'd like an appointment for a more private conversation.  We are always happy to share information about your child throughout the academic year - just ask!

My child is in a mixed year class.  What does this mean?

Our class structure changes annually based on the number of children in each cohort.  This often leads to mixed year groups in one class.  Children in mixed age classes are taught the appropriate curriculum for their year group in line with the National Curriculum.  Being in a mixed age class does not mean children will repeat content from the past year (unless they need to) or be accelerated to learning content meant for the year above.  Our teachers carefully plan to meet the needs of the children based on their prior learning and the demands of the curriculum.

My child is on medication.  Can this be administered in school?

Medication that has been prescribed by your doctor can be administered by school staff.  You will need to bring in the prescribed medication and complete a medical form detailing the correct dosage and timings.  For medication that needs to remain in school (e.g. inhalers) a form needs to be completed prior to the medicine being kept at school.  We do not administer medication that has not been prescribed by a doctor, however parents are welcome to come into school to administer over-the-counter medicines as needed.  Please speak to a member of our admin team for forms and guidance.

I am worried my child is being bullied.  Who do I speak to? 

If you think your child has been the victim of repeated and purposeful unkindness, either verbal/physical or via social media, please alert the class teacher as soon as possible.  This will enable us to monitor the situation in school and provide immediate support for your child.  We keep records of all reported incidents of suspected bullying and take this very seriously.  Equally, if we have evidence that your child has been bullying others, we will contact you to discuss this.  Please read the Anti-bullying Policy for more guidance.

I want to make a suggestion or a complaint.  How do I do this?

We welcome parental feedback and are keen to improve our service through considering suggestions made and responding to complaints or issues raised.  If your concern is about classroom issues, including teaching and learning, please speak to the class teacher in the first instance.  They know your child best and can often resolve worries quickly.  If you have a general suggestion or a complaint about a wider school issue, please  email the office and mark your email for the attention of a member of the leadership team.  Further guidance can be found in the Complaints Policy.

I want to volunteer to help in school.  How do I do this?

We are always keen to welcome regular volunteers in school to help with hearing readers, walking to and from swimming, supporting learning in class and on educational visits.  We are also open to volunteers who have a particular skill or interest they can share with our children e.g. sewing, baking, gardening, crafts.  Please email us on if you have some time to spare.  All  volunteers are subject to a DBS check.

I want to take my child on holiday in term time.  What do I have to do?

As a school we pride ourselves on our high attendance and encourage families to holiday during school breaks as far as possible.  We also recognise the rising costs of family holidays and understand that some families will choose to holiday during term time.  We do not authorise term time holidays unless they meet the criteria for exceptional circumstances.   Absence forms are available from the school office.

I think my child may be eligible for free school meals.  How do I check this?

Children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 are eligible for Universal Infant Free School Meals regardless of parental income.  Any child at school may also be eligible for Free School Meals linked to the Pupil Premium, which is additional money received by school to support learning and development.  Nursery children may be eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium.

To qualify for Free School Meals (and the Pupil Premium) a child’s parent(s) should be in receipt of one of the following benefits or credits:

Income Support; Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance; Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance; Child Tax Credit -
provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
that does not exceed £16,190; Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 or Guarantee element of State Pension
Credit. Where parent(s) are entitled to Working Tax Credit during a four-week ‘run-on’ period after they stop qualifying for Working Tax
Credit, their children are entitled to free school meals.

Please ask at either school office for an application form.

My child has been sick or has had diarrhoea.  When can they return to school? 

We request that children stay at home for a full 48 hours after their last bout of sickness or diarrhoea.  This is in line with WLP guidance.

Stamford Bridge Primary School
Godwinsway, Stamford Bridge, East Riding of Yorkshire
YO41 1RA
01759 371430
Email us